May 27, 2006

!i!i!i!i!i downPOUR !i!i!i!i!i

this is a recollection of my memories about rain...

What is it that I love about rains?
i love to hear the sound of droplets kissing everything on its way down.
When i was in hostel, i would be looking for rainy evenings as we were allowed to play football (my fav game) only on rainy days as on other days we played cricket !!!

What I hate about rains?
I hate rains cos the smell of poozhi(loose sand) always used to sent a shudder down my spine.There is story behind that, i used to ask my mom 'why do we have this smell when it rains' and she used to answer 'it is cos the snakes come out of their burrows' and i HATE snakes...

Worst ever rain?
the worst ever rain that i can recollect is when we were driving to Muscat from Dubai.As soon as we crossed the border into Sultanate of Oman it started to rain heavily and the rain water started gushing in from sideways on to our car through the valleys between the hills.The current was so powerful that it could hurl anything and everything out of its way but we luckily escaped !!!

Best recollection?
hmm...well there are far too many.Some of 'em are the boiled cauliflowers, potatoes, amma's elaichi tea, peanuts, pistas, icecream, paper boats etc...We used to play this game of throwing stones on to the pool of stagnant water that filled the ground behind my house in Ras al Khaimah and the guy with the max no of hops wins :D

Oh my Goodness !!! I really miss those days ...

wanna read more rain memories ??? chk out nina's When it rains and john's when it rains

3 comments:

Dew Drops said...

hey, that was the lighter side of the philosophical blogger.. keep writing. ;)

Anonymous said...

oh yeah, there are no comments in the entire blog now.!.
!.!.!wat a wonderfull blog!!!!

and wat is this intuitive decision of urs, if i may ask...

i hate to observe things from outside.. :p

Anonymous said...

We have something in common...Ras al khaimah...NO! I dont know you...Was surfing and got thru...But why is it that you dont post anything for so long?